Friday, September 16, 2005

Visa Update - 16 Sept. 2005

Bureaucracy Schmureaucracy. Without going into complicated details, let's just say that I should get my Arbeitserlaubnis (work permit) in four to six weeks.

To give you a feel for how difficult everything has been, I'd say that the Germany red tape I've had to deal with over the past week is comparable to the mountains of red duct-tape in the International Studies Department at Texas A&M University. And that's pretty darn messy and complicated. But this time, instead of dealing with one German, I'm dealing with all Germans. In German. Away from Mommy and Daddy. But it's all good. And give it five-ish weeks, and it'll work out.

I would like to give a shout-out to several of my new German co-workers who have been incredibly helpful through this entire situation... I couldn't have done this without you... thank you...

Ok, before I turn all emotional and sound like I'm giving a thank-you speech for an Emmy, I'm going to end this.


Click here to e-mail me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you've never really experienced American bureaucracy. I always handled that for you. Germans systems are more streamlined than some of the American systems I've run into here! No complaining!

Anonymous said...

If you say so... although the bureaucracy at A&M was pretty ridiculous. What do you mean when you say that the German systems are more `streamlined`?