Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Pimp my Fahrrad

Seriously, folks, German media has been completely infiltrated with American media. It's hilarious. Everytime I turn the television on, I end up laughing hysterically. The highlight of it all was yesterday evening when I was watching German MTV, which is basically American MTV with subtitles and a few German artists (80% of them sing in English) tossed into the mix.

For those of you who don't know, theres a show on American television called Pimp My Ride. Its basically a car make-over show. Instead of taking a home in need of renovation or a woman in need of a facelift, they give a car a new engine, look, sound system, etc. We all know how fond Germans are of their bikes, so on German television there's a new show called Pimp My Farrahd (Farrahd = bike). Honestly, I have no idea how to pimp a bicycle, and I haven't had time to actually sit down and watch the show to find out. But the idea is ingenius.

Cell phones are also huge over here... and there's a myriad of commercials for various cell phone additions such as ringtones and wallpapers. The catchphrase is Pimp My Handy (Handy = cell phone). Just thought I'd share, as I'm rather amused by it all.

:)


Click here to e-mail me!

No comments: