Thursday, September 08, 2005

Flying the Coop via British Airways

Well, tomorrow's The Day. A day of both ends and beginnings. A day of sadness in saying "good-byes" but excitement at beginning a new scene of life. A day when British Airways helps me fly the coop. A point of no return, though purely in the metaphorical sense.

Here are the updates as of today:

This is the Siemens site in Kamp-Lintfort, which is where I'll be working, starting September 15th (assuming I can get my work visa).
http://www.siemens.de/index.jsp?sdc_p=c61z3s8uo1224920l0

Here's the hotel I'll be staying in for the first month or so, as I appartment-hunt... Atlanta Hotel International Dampfmuehle. In case you can't read the description, this is what it says: "Experience is enjoyment... the Atlanta Hotel International offers you the highest comfort and quality for our trend-setting 'all-in' price." Sounds exciting, no? Or does "trend-setting price" simply mean it's cheap?
http://www.hotel-dampfmuehle.de/Dampf/index.htm

The appartment search begins... this Saturday (that's right, a day after I get there!). My first appointment is to look at the following apartment... I like the coziness of it and the fact that it has a book shelf and a rather large kitchen. What more do you need? (Other than a lower price... it's a little outside of my desired price range, but we shall see).
http://www.mwz-duisburg.de/fotos/22312/
Let me know what you think!


Lyric of the day: "I'm leaving on a jetplane... don't know when I'll be back again..."

No comments: