Saturday, September 02, 2006

Run!

Hello, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Mary Elizabeth and I'm socially awkward with funky hang-ups.

For one of the first times since being here, I felt really weird and out of place. It's no one's fault but my own, though I'd like to think that the situation played a significant role. I've never done well in large groups of people, especially when I feel like everyone already knows eachother and has some sort of history together.

Sometimes I wish I were more outgoing or chatty or spontaneous or "crazy", but that's simply not the way I'm wired. I can't completely let loose and be crazy unless I'm very comfortable with someone and have known them for a semi-long time. I can't be silly and chat/ramble on about nonsense, so I'll often say nothing. Sure, there's a wild side, but it only emerges with certain people or when the situation is just right.

It's like George* with Frogger (an arcade game in a fatty fast food joint)... to beat the high score, there has to be just the right amount of grease on the joystick and you have to have just the right balance of grease and caffeine in your system.

Obviously, my grease-caffeine ratio is off-balance.


Lyric of the Day: "I want to see you... to see you high and lifted up, shining in the light of your glory. Pour out your power and love, as we sing 'holy, holy holy.' Holy, holy, holy... I want to see you." (thanks to a singer/songwriter unknown)


*here's a Seinfeld reference for you, Shelby!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh...I can hear the game noises now as I picture George trying to get the Frogger game across the street!

Mary Elizabeth said...

YES! :)