Monday, September 25, 2006

Work is FUNNY.

So... my new boss told me that if I didn't correct and straighten out a certain issue, he's going to need heart medication. If I were in his place, I'd be on the phone with the Krankenkasse* first thing tomorrow morning, snark, snark, snark.

Then, I yelled "Abwesend!" (absent) the other day when he called me from the other side of our huge, open office because I thought he was a different co-worker.

Boss: "Mary, please come here for a minute."
Mary: "ABWESEND!!!"
*the office becomes silent and everyone holds their breath, eager to witness my demise*
Boss: "Excuse me?"
Mary: "Oh, Scheisse..."


Assuming retirement takes place at 65, I have about 42 more years of working-world-bliss. YEAH, BABY! BRING IT ON!


*health insurance organization

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You could travel back in time and tour with us and be our psychadellic piano player and lyric writer.

*takes a puff of something fruity and flavorful from the middle East*

Anonymous said...

I don't appreciate you inviting other girls to tour with you, John. I thought I was your only inspiration.

*scowls*

Anonymous said...

*blows a smoke ring in Yoko's face*

Anonymous said...

*shoves John L. over the balcony*

Sarah D said...

Is cussing in German more fun than cussing in English? :-P

Mary Elizabeth said...

Sarah - not only is it more fun, but there are endless possibilities (think: using a base curseword as a suffix to create endless cursewords) and even the Christians do it. It's great. ;)

What's weird is that I'll curse here, and in German, but never* in the States or in English. Call it cultural adaptation, or a double standard, or whatever you want... but that's the way it is. :)

*rarely

Sarah D said...

Oooh... you might enjoy this website:
http://www.onlineconversion.com/days_until_retire.htm