Wednesday, September 27, 2006

My Charmingly Convivial New Neighbor

New Neighbor: *scowls* "I thought you were from Brazil."
Mary: "No, I'm from
North America - from Texas."
NN: *frowns* "Isn't that where Bush's brother is governor?"
Mary: "No, Bush's brother Jeb is the governor of Florida. George W himself was the former governer of Texas."
NN: *mutters something under his breath that Mary can't understand*
Mary: "Excuse me?"
NN: *grimaces* "Most of the world is ticked off at America."
Mary: "I'd rather not discuss politics."
NN: *scowls* "Well, I don't feel sorry for the Americans."
Mary: "Like I said, I don't discuss politics because it only frustrates people."
NN: *grunts*


Seriously, who says something like that to someone they've just met? Can we say ISSUES?

We're going to get along just dandily.

The Mission: to change Germany's view of Americans, one grumpy old curmudgeon at a time. I think I'll bake him some cookies. And until he really ticks me off, I'll be a good neighbor and leave the aresenic out.

No comments: