Friday, September 08, 2006

Journal Exctracts from the First Several Days

Around this time last year, I was in a British Airways plane, listening to my favourite boys and flying to Germany. It's hard to believe that approximately one year has already passed. There were so many uncertainties last year at this time... but as time has progressed, I've seen things work out and there's even some sense/meaning in the struggles. I don't know where or with whom I'll be next year at this time... but I know that God is good and trustworthy regardless of country/circumstance/time/location/etc.

I was reading through some old journals from last September, and found some funny blurbs you guys might enjoy. Here goes...

08.09.05, written in the Heathrow airport: "The people are so obviously European! It cracks me up... I don't know how exactly you can tell, but you can. There's just something different about them. The way they carry themselves; the look; the style."

10.09.05, written in the hotel: "Independence! It's a beautiful, yet scary, thing. And I'm still trying to figure it all out.

11.09.05, written in the hotel: "I think, I really do, that things are going to be ok here... the only times I've freaked have been in the morning when I wake up and think, 'where am I and what the heck have I done?' "

Ah, life. My bittersweet symphony.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you moved to Germany... otherwise, we wouldn't have gotten to know eachother as well as we have. Plus, it's comfy hanging out in your living room 24/7.

Anonymous said...

YES - Leo is absolutely right! What would life be like without you? :-)
(although I'm not hanging out in your livingroom 24/7 ...)

Mary Elizabeth said...

Aww, thanks, Eleanor!! I don't know what life would be like without you guys! Bestimmt ein Jammertal. :)

And you know you're welcome to hang out in my living room any time.