Monday, October 16, 2006

The Senile Woman and the Murderous Children

Today was interesting, to say the least. I took the day off to take care of some things and run som errands. La la la.

While outside the grocery store, this little old lady started talking to me. And she wouldn't stop. I seriously think she's senile and paranoid.

Lady: "Watch out for the children! They'll push you off your bike and beat you with sticks."
Mary: "Excuse me?"
Lady: "I was riding my bike through town, and the children came and beat me up. Look!" *shows me a nonexistent bruise on her face*
Mary: "Em..."
Lady: "I went to the police, but they won't do anything about it. The children are horrible. They're going to kill me."
Mary: "How do you know? Are you certain?"
Lady: "No one believes me! I tell everyone, and no one believes me. And they stole my bicycle, right out of the basement."
Mary: "That's terrible..."
Lady: "Then I was riding my bike over a bridge in Moers, and the children tried to push me off the bridge."
Mary: "I'm sorry..."
Lady: "They wanted to kill me."
Mary: "Is it possible that you've aggravated the children?"
Lady: "No! I just tell them not to scream and play in the street and they try to kill me. Be careful of them."


Ok. Sometimes when I write, I slightly fabricate the conversations. But everything I've written here - whether the lady said it or I said it - is true. I shortened and condensed what was said (she talked for about a half an hour...), but that's all.

I didn't know what to do or say.

And now I'm terrified that evil little children are going to sneak into my appartment and kill me in my sleep.

No comments: