Thursday, April 06, 2006

I dare you to psychoanalyze this mess...

I really do like my job and my co-workers... but lately work has been haunting my private life.

One of my co-workers, commonly referred to as "The Commander" because of his experience and job description is particularly threatening. He's the one I give the majority of my reports and forecasts to, so there's a natural pressure and stress I feel every time he looks in my direction or meanders towards my desk.

Bizarro Mom lent me a crime novel several months ago, and I've been plugging away at it when I have extra time. In one scene, the lady is home alone and someone breaks in... it's not the type of thing you can read at night when you're alone with the Biomuell, if you know what I mean.

Then there was the episode where my electrical box had somehow opened and I was spooked that an intruder was in my apartment.

So... what's the point of these three blurbs which are seemingly unrelated?

Well, everything came together the other morning, in a twisted Seinfeldian fashion when I woke up in a cold sweat thinking I'd lost my sanity (the onset of many mental illnesses is mid to late twenties... hmm...).

I had a dream. A dream where I was alone in my apartment and thought I heard someone... as I turned the corner, The Commander (who had apparently broken into my apartment and was waiting for me) grabbed me and put me in a head-lock, demanding that I turn in my forecast and NCC report. I struggled to break free, and to breathe, but to no avail.

When I saw him at work the next morning, I didn't know whether I should laugh or flee for my life. So I took the normal, socially appropriate route: suppress any emotion or desire and proceed as if nothing had occured.

Life. *tsk tsk*


Lyrics of the day: "Visiting hours are 9 - 5 and if I show up at ten past 6, well, I already know that you'll find some way to sneak me in and oh... mind the empty bottle with the holes along the bottom, you see, it's too much to ask for and I am not the doctor." (Thanks to Alanis.)

No comments: