Saturday, July 01, 2006

And the results are in, folks...

As many of you know, I had my practical driving test this morning... and... I failed it. For the second time. Seriously.

It's bewildering, really. So many people have been so supportive, both in words and in prayer (you know who you are - THANK YOU!!! You're precious to me!). I even gave the whole issue over to God. I knew I couldn't pass it on my own, so I told Him that if He wants me to pass, then He'll have to intervene and work a miracle. At the same time, I said Thy will be done.

So... I'm going to take a leap and assume that God is real and is Who He says He is. If this is true, then He's a God Who takes care of His children and hears their prayers. Which means He heard our prayers... and the answer was evidently, "no." Or "not yet." Sure, it's baffling, frustrating and discouraging... but I trust that, for some as-of-yet-unknown reason, I'm not meant to pass the test and drive at this point.

I've learned a ton in the past several weeks... maybe there's something I'm still missing or not seeing. We'll see.

Forward, soldiers.

*smiles a weak smile, but a smile nonetheless*

:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

bummer :-( sorry about that mary! when do you get to take it again?

Mary Elizabeth said...

Hey guys! Yeah, it'll all work out, to quote Kat.

I'm not sure when I'll take it again... have to clarify some things first. We shall see.