Thursday, June 29, 2006

Wednesday :)

Yesterday evening was perfect... we had Bible Study at my place, which is the normal Wednesday evening occurence. As I was observing everyone and taking in the conversation, I realized how blessed I am to have such wonderful people in my life. I'm truly thankful for each and and every one of them, their friendship and their encouragement.

At one point, I had to laugh a little, as everyone was behaving in such a stereotypical manner - typical to their own personalities, that is. Bizarro Mom and Helmut were in a semi-heated discussion (man, those two can talk!), which ended with Helmut breaking out into a random song and Bizarro rolling her eyes. Beatrice was sitting peacefully on the couch, taking it all in... she's always been very calm, steady and patient. Neal was staring off into space... and I couldn't tell if he was analyzing the conversation, looking at the map on the wall, or maybe even thinking about a completely different topic. Hmm. Sydney was fixated on the the lava lamp, which was hilarious. I unfortunately allowed him to turn it on last evening, despite the fact that it's proved to be quite a distraction in the past. Leo, who can be rather shy around people, was hiding under my coffee table, doing absolutely nothing, as usual.

Somehow, we not only made it through Eccelsiastes Chapter 6, but pulled out some great truths and applications as well.

Aww, I love our quirky little group.

No comments: