Monday, October 17, 2005

You want telephone?? 40 Euros!!

Actually, 40 Euros is on the cheaper end when it comes to telephones.

This weekend, I wanted to pull my hair out. Starting on the 14th, I had telephone connections. I even have a phone. The snazzy little Siemens Gigaset I received as a departure-gift from my Bocholt department. But no... it doesn't work here. I would need two special adapters that cost 30 Euros apiece. So, it's actually cheaper to simply buy a new phone.

We have a little "Fuer uns Shop" ("For us shop") here at Siemens, but they're only open on Tuesdays and Thursdays... which means I have to wait yet another day, gah!! The whole thing is totally killing me. For weeks, I've been looking forward to having my own phone lines and being able to call home... and now that I have them, my phone doesn't work.

Rant, rant, rant.

Internet access is also complicated... I'm supposedly going to have connections in about two weeks... which I'm guessing means a month. Patience is indeed a virtue.

Serenity now!


Click here to e-mail me!

No comments: