Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Updates...

Things have started to pick up a little on this side of the world, thus the lack of writing lately... here are some of the major updates:

1. Appartment: Yesterday we finished painting it; Friday the furniture will be moved in; and Saturday, I move in! I'm excited that I'll finally have my own little place.

2. Work permit: I should have it by the end of this week, if all goes well. On Thursday or Friday, I'm going to the Foreignersbureau again to sign papers and get my visa stamped. By next week, I should be an official and legal employee. It's time to move beyond the coffee-drinking days.

3. Work itself: Work is going well; slowly but surely, I'm having more that I can do, which is nice. The past couple of days, though, I've taken half-days so that I can run errands and do renovations and such.

4. Computer: I finally found a plug that works... MUAH! Last night, I was able to turn my own computer on for the first time in over a month... man, it felt good. Can we say addiction? I was suffering from severe withdrawal symptoms. I still don't have internet access, but it should be up and running a little while after I get settled into my new place.

Sorry, no Helmut update this time around.

No comments: