Friday, October 07, 2005

My own appartment! (well, the keys, at least)

It's official! I signed the contract for my new appartment on Monday and picked up the keys yesterday. It was exciting to see it, and envision it with furniture and people in it. We do have to do some painting and renovation because the previous renter was a smoker... but other than that, it looks fabulous. Bizarro Mom gave me an IKEA catalogue, so I'll probably go this weekend and pick up a few things. They're selling bookshelves for €20. MUAH! My own place!! You guys have to visit me!

Another exciting tidbit: I called the phone company today and ordered phone connections... so... in a week or so, I'll be able to call the US for about 1.6 € cents perminute. Talk about cheap!!

I haven't ordered internet connections yet because I still have no way to even plug my computer into the wall... plus... the telephone cable connections are different here, so I think I might have to go wireless... we'll see. I don't know. What makes it even more difficult is that I don't even know the English terms for everything, and how it all works in the States. So how the heck am I supposed to get things done here?? Ah, well.

One more week...

The other day at the store, I saw a bunch of Ravensburger puzzles... I love those things. I think I might get one for a house-warming gift. Seriously. There was even a cool Da Vinci one, but it was €44 and 5,000 pieces. Yikes. I could get two bookcases for that.

Lyric of the day: "You've gotta run with it... you've gotta take it slow... you've gotta say what you say, don't let anybody stand in your way..." (thanks to Oasis)


Click here to e-mail me!

No comments: