Saturday, August 12, 2006

On Life, Writing and Anvils*

Sometimes it's difficult being an aspiring-writer-wanna-be, especially when I'm trying to peel myself off the pavement cause life just dropped a forty-ton anvil on me and my bicycle.

*thinks about what to write*

It's not as if I'm lacking "material." Quite the contrary: the material's all here, nicely coupled with abnormally high amounts of mental energy exertion and sleep deprivation. Throw in monthly medication overdoses (it's great being a woman) and the fact that many prominent composers, musicians, philosophers and artists were actually insane... and I definitely have potential.

Ok, let's add it up:

ideas (mental energy) + time (sleep deprivation) + more ideas (medication) + creativity (insanity) = increased potential. I obviously have everything going for me... so why the inability to ingeniously solve life's problems and record it in entertainingly witty and clever blogs on the side?

But alas... here I sit, pondering what to write next, and waiting for the next anvil to drop out of the overcast sky.


* please take nothing** I write seriously

** almost everything

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're insane. Not that there's anything wrong with that.