Sunday, August 06, 2006

Lake in the Sun (without injuries or fatalities)

Today was hilarious. Families with boys are so different than families with only girls... coming from a family with four girls (and two loving parental units, of course), I never cease to be shocked/ amazed/ horrified by some of the stunts that guys pull. My chicas and I pulled our share of stunts... but ours usually didn't put our lives in physical danger. What really gets me when it comes to families with guys is all that the parents allow and the fact that they don't freak out.

Today, for example, I went to the lake with some of the youth from church (yeah, I'm still torn between being a grown-up and a miscreant-juvenile). It was quite the procession: a tractor with a trailor, a Trabi*, and a Moped.

To get to the water, you had to climb down a small bank... of course, the guys wanted to jump from the bank into the water, but it was too shallow. So, Someone (Syd, was that you?) had the brilliant idea of parking the trailor on the very edge of the bank, giving them a platform to run and jump off of. I can't imagine my sisters and I doing something like that! The idea in and of itself would have arguably been considered a Thoughtcrime by my dear Father.

And the greatest part was coming home and telling Mr. P, Bizarro and Eleanor about what we'd done... they didn't even think twice! As a matter of fact, they got a kick out of it.

Craziness.


*Trabant, an old East German car. How do you double it's value? Fill it with gas. Ha. Ha. Ha.

1 comment:

Mary Elizabeth said...

That's crazy! Dad would KILL us if we did something like that. Even at 5 mph.

Yeah, I'm thinking about coming home... I really really would love to, but I don't know if it'll work out... everything is so up in the air right now.