Thursday, November 16, 2006

Driver's License Update (yes, another one)

Yes, the notoriously unresolved issue is still a dark and looming shadow on the valley (oops, am I allowed to use that word?) that is life. But, thanks to help and encouragement from Mr. E and others, things are happening and looking brighter.

I changed driving schools and had my second driving hour at the new school and with a new instructor the other day. After driving all over town and on the Autobahn (sorry, didn't film it this time), I asked the following question:

Mary: "So... was my driving einigermassen in order today...?"
Instructor: "It was perfectly fine. I don't understand what the problem was at the other school."


Yeah, I have a hard time understanding what the problem was as well.

Could it be that I don't fare well when people curse at me, scream at me, bash me, bash other students, bash my driving, bash Americans, bash America in general, refuse to answer questions, give evil looks, tell me that my driving is getting worse, tell me that I'm going to fail the test, act impatiently, talk on the cell phone the entire time, call me "Frau Barber" when I want to be called "Mary", use the formal "you" (Sie) with me, look at me weird, make me feel like an idiot, make my life miserable, and desperately need tranquilizers and a straight jacket?

*scratches her head*

It's a mystery to me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need your license, girl! I was so nervous the other day when that cop was right behind us.

Mary Elizabeth said...

Yeah... I kind of feel guilty. But not guilty enough to change my criminal ways.

Anonymous said...

Thunderbolts and lightning, very very frightening! Galileo! Figaro! Magnifico!

Mary Elizabeth said...

Me? Bitter? Never.