Wednesday, January 05, 2022

Neurologist Appointments

Last Summer/ Fall, I was having an extremely hard time with the whole Covid situation and feeling homesick.  The only thing about Covid that doesn't frighten me is actually getting Covid... I was struggling more with the political and social aspect of the current development.  And not seeing my family for almost two years didn't help the situation.

So Superman set up an appointment for me at the Neurologist, and even accompanied me there on my first visit.  We decided that I should go on anti-depressants again, just to help me get out of the hole I was in.

Several weeks after the first visit, they communicated on their website that they were now "3G".  Allow me to summarize: the neurologist I went to, seeking help for fear and depression regarding Covid politics and social ostracism, was now participating in the strictest regulations, which weren't even a requirement for doctors.  Thankfully, that seemed to backfire for them, and a couple of months later they were back practicing like normal doctors should.

My 3rd appointment was at the beginning of this week... and it's just so strange to me how they are pressuring their patients to get vaccinated.  Sure, if someone is in a high-risk group, or if someone hasn't had Covid yet... then they might want to consider the vaccine.  But I'm healthy, not high-risk, and have survived the virus twice... so why won't everyone just leave me alone?!?

Neurologist: "You might want to consider getting a booster."
Me: "But I literally just had Covid two weeks ago."
Neurologist: "Yes, so maybe you should consider getting it in March."
Me: "I thought the booster was every six months... which would be June?"
Neurologist: "Well things keep changing, so we can talk again in March."
Me: "So you think that I should get the booster although I've had Covid twice, and the 2nd time all I had was a headache?"
Neurologist: "Well, the booster will protect you from more severe symptoms."
Me: "But I only had a headache for 3 days."
Neurologist: "Yes, but the next variant could be even more dangerous."
Me: "That's what you said the 1st time I had Covid..."

Why the push?  Maybe I'm oblivious, but I feel fine.  My immune system evidently recognized it the 2nd time around and was able to extinguish it pretty quickly.  Again, if someone is high-risk, has pre-existing conditions, or decides to get vaccinated for whatever other reason, then that's perfectly fine.  But I cannot comprehend why recovered people like me are being pressured.

At least the medication is working... so I can laugh about conversations like this... though maybe it's even working too well.  Instead of sitting at home and crying because I feel discriminated against and am scared that I won't be able to go grocery store here soon... I'm doing other things: going to demos, buying expensive pieces of art, asking my boss for a raise, and driving everyone crazy with my high-energy levels.  I guess it could be worse?

No comments: