Thursday, March 29, 2007

Girl's Night and Lists :)

A few weeks ago, My Favourite Girls* came over for a Girl's Night, which included Girl Talk, a movie**, face masks and looking at pictures. :)

Another thing we did that might especially interest my Dear Single Readers was write a List of characteristics we'd like in a future spouse. For all of you who have experienced even a taste of love (be it "true love" or not), you have to agree that this is a good idea. Why? Because when you're in love with someone, you tend to only see the rosy side of things, which means it's good to objectively think things through in advance.

Which is what we did. And we even read through Proverbs 31 to see what kind of women we should be. *thinks for a while*

Anyway.

If you don't have a List, I'd highly recommend that you start one. You can make it as simple or as complicated as you want.

The Simple List, for example, might only include the absolute-basic-must-haves... such as similar beliefs or similar interests.

The Complicated List, for example, might include not only the absolute-basic-must-have, but also nice-to-haves or absolutely-cannot-haves.

You also don't have to complete it in one sitting. It's a thought process more than anything else. I started mine while in high school and have added to it throughout the years as I've met different people.

Nobody's perfect, including your future spouse... which means we shouldn't expect to find exactly the person described in our List. It's simply a good way of objectively and concretely thinking things through and evaluating a person or situation regardless of any feelings we might have.

So... back to Girl's Night. I know you'd all like to see pictures of us with Quark*** and cucumbers on our face, but I promised not to post them, so you'll have to do without. Maybe next time. :)



*you know who you are!

**A Walk to Remember... yeah, several of us were, em, bawling. Including me - I'm becoming my mother!!!

***similar to joghurt, but thicker and unsweetened

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooohhhh jaaa das war SO cool! :) müssen wir unbedingt noch mal machen!! !:) :D

Sarah D said...

I've done a list of sorts... actually, it's more of a journal of thoughts and prayers I want to share with my future husband. When I get lonely and frustrated with singleness, I pick up my journal and thank him for being a Godly man. This journal may never get read. But the concept is kind of fun. :-)

Mary Elizabeth said...

Lizzy - fand ich auch voll schön! Und ja, müssen wir auf jeden Fall nochmal machen... vllt wenn die Karin wieder hier ist... ist im April hier, meine ich. :)

Sarah - Journaling is always a good idea... I've never written to my existence-in-question-future-husband, but I have written prayers... it definitely helps with focus and concentration. Yay for old-fashioned paper and pen!