Wednesday, October 03, 2007

*Yawn*

It's 1:30 AM and I'm still sitting in the office, waiting for certain reports to run.

Is it normal to work 11 hours of overtime? Would someone like to explain to me what's going on?

And while you're at it, would you explain the meaning of life? And would you answer the other thousand or so questions I have spinning around in my mind?

Thanks.

*hums a Pink Floyd song in her head*

I need contact with the outside world! But everyone I know on this side of the planet is probably sleeping.

Has anyone out there ever felt trapped? Seriously trapped. Like my thoughts are trapped in my head is trapped in my body is trapped in an office is trapped on a continent is trapped on a planet is trapped spinning aimlessly around a red rubber ball? That's kind of how I feel sometimes.

Especially at this hour of the night (morning?).

Nah, I like my job. It's just that I'm sometimes slightly tired and delusional.

2 comments:

Sarah D said...

If you ever need someone to talk to in the middle of the night (central time), my sister is working nights right now (and for the next two or three weeks). I'm sure she'd love an email. :-)

Mary Elizabeth said...

Thanks Sarah :) The middle of my "night", though, would be your afternoon/evening. I think I'm seven hours ahead of you guys...