Tuesday, September 09, 2008

I hate being sick...

...and it's even worse when my Mom is on a different continent.

I realized how serious it'd become when a friend came by with some chicken soup and decided to help himself to the chocolate I had sitting on the counter. We talked for a while and it wasn't until after he left that I realized I hadn't eaten a single piece.

You know you're physically sick when you pass on afternoon chocolate.

And you know you're psychologically sick when you stop playing the piano.

And you know it's about time for the Employee Committment Survey at work when the boss is consistantly exaggeratedly nice.

And you know you need to get a life when all you do is read about Narnia and wonder if you could ever make it there yourself.

And you know... nah... there are some thing you simply can't know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ich wünsch dir weiterhin gute Besserung! Werd ganz schnell wieder gesund :-*

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Are you sick?? I'm so sorry and I wish there wasn't an ocean between us too!!
I love you sweetie --
Mom