Saturday, September 20, 2008

A few Vacation Pics

Here are a few favourite pictures from Washington, DC and New York City. :)


Here's Kat with her grocery-shopping-cart, which is very practical given the fact that she doesn't have a car.



We had to visit the Capitol Building, of course...



This would be the Washington Monument, at the end of the National (non-shopping) Mall.



This was taken in the Senator of South Dakota's office... one of Kat's friends works there, so we went by and had lunch in the Cafeteria under the Capitol Building where all the Senators and Representatives eat. I felt important. And I felt like screaming "bomb!" just to see what would happen.



Yup, you've got it... Hillary R. Clinton's office. Not that I'm necessarily a fan... it was just neat being able to peak into her office.



It's my favourite Nurse! :) Yup, my ER Nurse Sister... I'm super proud of her.



Our childhood best friends came to visit us, which was great. It's a miracle we're all alive, and not in prison.



The main room of the Library of Congress was outlined in paintings with clever quotes... I didn't know our country had such an intellectual humour. This was one of my favourites: "They are never alone that are accompanied with noble thoughts."



We went to NY City for the day... this was taken around 2 in the morning at Times Square. Craziness.



Mary Poppins! On Broadway! Life doesn't get much better than that.



Aww, sisters.



It's Mama L. Or Lady Liberty. Is that disrespectful?



New York from the Ferry. :)



I also took a million pictures at the Metropolitan Museum of Art and the National Gallery of Art... but I think I'll post those in a different post...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hab in der ganzen Aufregung heute Morgen völlig vergessen auf deine Frage zu antworten:
Die Fotos sind super! UND: ICH BIN URLAUBSREIF! Aber das ist ein Dauerzustand!