Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Welcome to my humble abode, Part I: The Hallway

The moment has arrived... now that my camera is back in my possession, it's time to upload some photos of my lovely flat.

For a clearer and larger picture, just click on the picture itself...

Today, I'd like to show you all the entry-way. In the following picture, we're standing in the hallway right outside my doorway... there are three main rooms... straight ahead, you can see my bedroom... on the left is the living room/kitchen, and on the right is the bathroom. Or "toilet", as they would say in England. That's right. The "toilet" can be both the literal toilet as well as a room. Hmm.



Now we're actually in the flat...



This little box is right on the left when we walk inside... I'm not sure what it does, and I keep forgetting to ask. I do know, though, that if you rapidly and simultaneously flick all the switches, little sparks are generated. Just kidding. :)

The little black hanging thing is my work ID card. It's a horrible picture, which is why it's facing the wall... I already see a horrible picture when I look in the mirror in the morning... once a day is enough.



Here are the pictures hanging on the entry-way wall... aww, my chicas. :)



And, the entry-way table... me gusta mucha Ikea. If you look closely, you can see where I ran out of paint and didn't quite finish re-painting the lower part of the hallway walls. Ah well.



If you ever come visit, you can hang your coat and scarf here... *hint hint*



Stay tuned, folks... next time, it's Part II: The Bathroom.

2 comments:

canadian sadie said...

Hi there! I just thought I'd stop by...I like your blog.

You're right, Canadians speak a combination of AE and BE...except that we actually enunciate the differences between poor, pour, and paw. *grin* Also roof, proof, and goof all rhyme for us!

Anonymous said...

Hey! Thanks for the comment... very interesting. So, you differentiate between all three words (poor, pour, paw)...? Could be I've found an English that's even more sophisticated than BE. I congratulate you. :)