Friday, February 22, 2008

The International Melting Pot That Is Headquarters

One of the funniest things is meeting people you've written and telephoned with, but have never actually met or seen in Real Life. You have certain ideas of who they are, how they look, and how they carry themselves... which are often quite incorrect. I e-mail and talk with several colleagues from Headquarters on a regular basis, and had the pleasure of meeting them live and in person for the first time this week. I also had no idea which nationality they were (sometimes you can't tell by the name), so that was interesting finding out as well.

So...

... I've worked with people from the following countries this week:

  • Holland
  • Germany
  • Spain
  • Portugal
  • Japan
  • Macedonia
  • Indonesia
  • Pakistan
  • England
  • Turkey

    At other times I've worked with people from:

  • Norway
  • Sweden
  • Finland
  • Austria
  • Switzerland
  • Belgium
  • France
  • Greece
  • Italy
  • Australia
  • China
  • South Africa*
  • Brazil*
  • Taiwan*
  • America*

    Our Headquarters is seriously a cultural melting pot, which is great. And of course everyone speaks in a butchered English (sometimes I do too!), but at least we understand eachother for the most part. I've also realized that people tend to understand me better when I put on a fake British accent. Maybe it's because they all learn British English in this part of the world.


    *back in the BenQ Siemens Days.
  • 1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    Vielleicht sollte ich doch Controller werden, wenn ich groß bin...