Thursday, December 15, 2005

Time to say Good-bye...

As today is my last day in Germany, I've decided to further procrastinate my packing and write instead.

One way to measure how much you like certain people or a certain place is by the difficulty in saying good-bye. Even though I'm only going to be gone for a couple of weeks, I know that I'm going to miss everyone here tremendously.

At the end of the Catcher in the Rye, Holden Caulfield said he'd rather not build friendships or relationships, as it's too painful to say good-bye. Though this is true to a certain extent, and the pain can be very real, it is worth it (at least with friendships!). The same is certainly true for my family and friends back home as well... when leaving, I'd rather experience sadness due to our close relationships as opposed to apathy due to lack of a relationship. The more love, the more pain... strange the way that works.

On a lighter note, back to, um, unpacking... the fact that I have to pack my suitcase to go home has forced me to finish unpacking from three months ago. :)

Lyric of the day: "Time to say good-bye..." (that's as far as I know the lyrics, as the rest is in either Spanish or Italian... thank you, Sarah Brightman and Andrea Bocelli!)


Click here to e-mail me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your blogspot address with me. Now you will find me lurking here regularly. I look forward to seeing the pictures you will post.

Check out Robyn's blog spot too. She actually has two, one for her ramblings and the other for photos.
rkenagy.blogspot.com