Saturday, February 12, 2022

Superman and Mary Elizabeth, Part II

 After we got engaged, we started talking about how and when to make it official.  I had never really wanted a wedding, and always thought it was too much... too expensive, too many people, too much attention, etc.  But we still wanted to do something little with our family.  So about 1 month before flying to Texas in September 2018, we decided to go ahead and tie the knot there.  Note that this was Superman's first time in the USA, and first time to meet my family.  It's pretty brave to marry someone the first time you're in their home country and meet their family.  But that's Superman!  :D 

Fortunately, my family thought he was great from the start (who doesn't like Superman?!), and he felt the same way.  So on September 23rd, 2018, we had a little wedding in my sister Emita's backyard, and Kenny initiated the ceremony.  That evening we all went out for Tex-Mex, and after that we had a delicious wedding cake (that matched my dress!) back at Emita's.  It was absolutely perfect - spontaneous, stress-free, and with my favorite people in the world! 

Here are two more pictures from the photo book I made him... in the first picture you can see the ceremonty and a few family pictures we took afterwards - also, the first ever brother picture!  In the second picture you can see the "after party"... as well as our beautiful rose-gold rose-flowered rings and my wedding legos!  What more could a girl want?  :D



(Here's Part I, in case you missed it)

No comments: