Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Stupid visa drama

I feel like I've forsaken my blog... I guess it's because quite a bit has been going on, both in my head and in my little world, and I've spent more time thinking and talking than publishing my life stories in the internet. But whatever. Whatever, I tell you. It's all under control.

Why does drama always happen to me? Last night, a friend was here and she was looking at my visa. The conversation was so typical of Life Abroad in Mary's World:

Friend: "Nice Visa."
Mary: "Thanks."
Friend: "Hey, you know your living permit expired two months ago."
Mary: "Crap. What?"
Friend: "Yeah, October 2008."
Mary: "I knew I was forgetting something."


So of course I'm worried that when I LEAVE THE COUNTRY IN THREE DAYS, they're not going to let me back in cause my freaking permit expired. So I spent half the morning frantically calling the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, trying to get stuff straightened out. And now I have to drive to Wesel on Friday morning, the day before I fly. Why me? But at least my life is rarely boring.

By the way, I'm not really a Financial Analyst... I'm a Ninja with firey poisonous darts.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ich sag nur TELEFON/INTERNET-RECHNUNG...
Ansonsten sag ich dazu gar nichts ;-)

Anonymous said...

Hey Mary, in case they won't let you in again you could join Lisa in Indiana, maybe? :-)

Still hope to see you again in January - have a great time "back home" and give our love to everybody!!! :-)

Jennifer said...

Mary, I'm sorry I missed you yesterday! I was unexpectedly recruited to help set up for the staff lunch. Please come by again this week! Let me know when and I'll plan to be in my office.